Complete List of Activities and Events
Wednesday, September 24th
- Check-in – 7:30 AM – 4 PM – located in the Governor’s Hall Lobby
Note: Check-in can also be done on September 23rd and throughout the Symposium.
- Morning CEP Course – “Formulating Natural Cosmetics” presented by Perry Romanowski– 8 AM to 11:30 AM- Located in Vanderhorst 1 & 2– Please note this is an A La Carte Item, it is not included in any of the Naturally Kiawah Packages.
- Vendor Showcase set-up – 3 PM – 5:30 PM –Location Turtle Point Legends Landing ABC
- Vendors Showcase (Table Tops) and Cocktail Reception – 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM – Located at Turtle Point Legends Landing ABC
Thursday, September 25th
- Breakfast Buffet – Governor’s Hall Lobby
- Technical Symposium – 8:30 AM to 5 PM – Located in Governor’s Hall D&E –. There will be 12 presentations each approximately 20 minutes.
- Lunch Buffet – 12 PM to 1 PM – Located in Governor’s Hall C
Friday, September 26th
- Golf Tournament – Shotgun start at 9 AM – Located at Turtle Point, Putt Contest starts at 8 AM
- Spa Treatments – Appointments start at 9 AM until 5 PM - Located at the Sanctuary Spa. Note: Spa Treatments are being offered on the 24th and 25th also, if guest are coming in early and/or stay over the weekend appointments can be arranged for those days.
- Kiawah Package Options
- Kiaway Al la Carte Options
- Spa Options Overview
- Golf Overview
- Registration Forms
3 Amazing Choices
Classic Massage 60 Min.
A full-body massage designed for relaxation.The therapist customizes your massage to address specific areas of concern, utilizing a range of light to medium pressure.
The Custom Facial 60 Min.
A sanctuary for the preservation of your skin, this Anakiri customized facial focuses on your specific skin care concerns as you unwind in the hands of your experienced esthetician. Beginning with a thorough skin analysis to determine your personalized products and protocols, your esthetician will choose from a combination of remedies combining the power of premium natural products with bio-energetic medicine to treat the skin at its deepest level and restore your skin to a healthy, luminous balance.
MANICURE & PEDICURE
Unwind with a hydrating soak followed by exfoliation, detoxifying paraffin treatment and massage. Includes natural nail and cuticle care, with your choice of polish application or buffing.
September 26th - Shotgun Start at 9am
Format: 4-Person Captains Choice Scramble
Availability: Right now we have 40 slots and they will be allocated by registration order. We may have the ability to add more groups 60 days prior to the event but there is no guarantee, so register early!
Time: 8am, prior to Shotgun Start
Format: Everyone will have one chance to make a 10 foot putt. Whoever makes the putt will be in a "Putt Off" to determine the two finalists. The "Putt Off" will be from 20-25 feet. The two closest contestants will become the finalist and have a chance to make a 50 foot putt for $1000.00. Each finalist will putt from a different location. If both finalists make their putt each will be awarded $1000.00
Hole in One Prizes
Hole #4 - $5000.00 Cash
Hole #7 - $500.00 Visa Gift Card
Hole #14 - Golf Pack $500.00 Vacation
Hole #16 - $500.00 Kiawah Pro-Shop Credit
First, Second, & Third Place TBD
Longest Drive: Hole TBD
Closest to the Pin on all the Par 3's
KIawah Lodging & Accomodations
Download Form Here Kiawah Lodging Form
Please download and fill in this form and mail directly to: Reservations Department, Kiawah Island Golf Resort, 1 Sanctuary Beach Drive, Kiawah Island South Carolina, 29455. You may call in your reservations to 800-654-2924, please reference group as Society of Cosmetic Chemists and/or the group booking number of 10814. You may also fax reservations to (843)768-2736.
Deadline for making reservations is August 23th, 2014. Reservations received after this date will only be filled on a space-and-rate available basis.
September 24th – CEP Courses
- Morning CEP Course – “Formulating Natural Cosmetics” presented by Perry Romanowski– 8 AM to 11:30 AM- Located in Vanderhorst 1 & 2– This presentation will cover methods for creating natural formulation including – defining your standards, natural raw materials, formulation challenges and how to over come them.
- Download PDF
Dear Potential Sponsor,
My name is Erica Segura and I am the Chair of the SCC Carolina Chapter. I am writing you today to inform you of a sponsorship opportunity by way of participating in our Naturally Kiawah Symposium held at the world-renowned Kiawah Island Golf & Spa Resort from September 24-26, 2014. This bi-annual event (established 2006) has quickly become a premier event in the SCC. Our theme continues to focus on the ‘Next Generation’ of cosmetic science, encompassing green, natural and sustainable themes in the areas of raw materials, technology and finished products, regulatory updates and market trends.
The Kiawah Island Resort venue is extraordinary, with its natural setting, including a beautiful shoreline. It is also the home of several top-rated golf courses and the renowned Sanctuary Spa. The conference facilities are spacious, comfortable and conveniently located on the island. The resort staff is friendly and helpful and reflects the warmth of traditional southern hospitality.
The importance of this event for the Carolina Chapter cannot be understated. We use this event, in part, to finance programs and overall chapter goals. These include:
• Chapter growth
• Education of membership
• Development of the next generation of cosmetic scientists
• Increasing exposure of the SCC
Since we are a non-profit organization, our goal is not to make money, but to give back to our members by providing new opportunities. Sponsorships are critical to the success of our chapter as it allows us to focus on our primary goals, which ultimately benefit our industry.
There are 4 sponsorship levels available:
• Diamond - $1500 Contribution. This includes premium golf hole signage, banner for tabletop display, appearance and recognition on all event flyers, programs and special event newsletter, and raffle giveaways.
• Gold - $1,000 Contribution. This includes premium golf hole signage, banner for tabletop display and appearance and recognition on all event flyers, programs and special event newsletter.
• Silver - $500 Contribution. This includes banner for tabletop display and appearance and recognition on all event flyers, programs and special event newsletter.
• Bronze - $250 Contribution. This includes appearance and recognition on all event flyers, programs and special event newsletter.Click Here to Become a Sponsor
Our sponsorship goal for the event is $10,000. We appreciate any support that you can give. If you would like to take advantage of this sponsorship opportunity, please fill out the enclosed form.Please note the return date of August 1, 2014. You can pay via our website at www.carolinascc.org, by clicking on the “Make a Payment” function or via check. Please make your check out to the Carolina Chapter of the SCC and mail it to: Michael Licciardello, Grace Management, LLC, 951 South Pine Street, Spartanburg, SC 29302.
We appreciate your consideration of support. Please contact me with any questions or comments.
Active Concepts LLC
107 Technology Drive
Lincolnton, NC 28092
CAROLINA SOCIETY OF COSMETIC CHEMISTS
Call for Papers
2014 Naturally Kiawah Symposium
September 25, 2014
Kiawah Island Golf Resort
Kiawah Island, South Carolina
Authors are invited to submit titles and abstracts of no more than 150 words for original papers to be presented in podium format. All topics related to Natural and Green Science will be considered for presentation. Topics of particular interest for submission of the abstracts are:
• How Are Advances in Science Effecting the Development of New Natural /Green Raw Materials and Products
• Eco Friendly Manufacturing (carbon footprints, alternate forms of energy, waste management techniques)
• Effect of Natural/Green Products on Skin Biology
• Fair Trade Opportunities in Personal Care
• Preservation and Stabilization of Natural Products
• Marketing and Consumer Trends
• Regulatory Updates
• Sustainable Sourcing and Manufacturing
• Novel Delivery Systems for Natural Products
• Green/Natural Packaging
DEADLINE: April 1st, 2014
Abstract Cover Sheets can be obtained by visiting our Carolina SCC website at www.carolinascc.org or by attaching this flyer with information below completed. Abstracts should be submitted on a separate sheet along with this flyer or Abstract Cover Sheet and send via e-mail to esegura@ActiveConceptsllc.com or mail to: Active Concepts, 107 Technology Drive, Lincolnton, NC 28092– Attention Erica Segura. All Abstracts will be reviewed and selected by the CCSCC Education Committee no later than May 1st. After acceptance of abstracts by the Committee, all presenters will be required to submit preprints 6 weeks prior to presentation. Final presentations will be due no later than August 15th 2014.
Cover Sheet Information:
Title: (Prof., Dr., Mr., Mrs., Ms.)
Abstracts should be single spaced and typed on a separate sheet (150-200 words). Complete generic names as well the INCI nomenclature are requested for all ingredients. Abstracts should be informative, containing:
1. a sentence statement of the study’s specific objective
2. brief statement of methods, if pertinent
3. summary of results obtained
4. statement of conclusions
Equipment requirement for presentation:
____ LCD Projector for PowerPoint